Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
10 Things You Need to Know
1. Neodesha Promise Scholarship awards can be used at any Pell Grant Approved post-secondary institution.
2. Awards are available to eligible graduates of Neodesha High School. See program details for eligibility requirements.
3. Scholarship awards only cover tuition and mandatory fees. Other expenses are the responsibility of the student.
4. Award amounts have annual caps that are revised every year.
5. The percentage of award amount distributed is determined by the number of years the student was enrolled in Neodesha
6. Bachelor awards will cover up to 120 credit hours, but allows 6 years to complete the degree requirements.
7. Associate and technical/vocational awards will cover up to 60 credit hours, but allows 4 years to complete the degree or
8. The program is a 2nd payer scholarship program. Promise awards will be reduced by 50% of Pell Grant or other scholarship awards that are $2,000 per annum or greater.
9. Neodesha graduates can request to defer enrollment for up to 2 years by submitting a deferral application which will be approved or
denied by the scholarship committee.
10. All appeals will be handled by the scholarship committee.
Why offer this program to the graduates of Neodesha High School?
The Neodesha Promise Scholarship Program is simply another manifestation of the generosity of a Neodesha alumnus who wants to contribute not only to the future alumni of Neodesha schools but also, to the community that provided the unique set of talents to be successful in one’s life endeavors. IT’S GREAT TO BE A BLUESTREAK!
What is “Good Standing”?
Good standing is regarded as having complied with all explicit obligations, while not being subject to any form of sanction, suspension, or disciplinary censure.
What fees are covered?
Only mandatory fees. Mandatory fees are those required to be paid by all students attending a particular university/college. Application fees, contact hour fees, and fees which are course-specific (such as lab fees for science and computer classes, etc.) or fees assessed based on the number of credit hours enrolled are not covered.
What we don’t cover?
Room and Board, Books, Meals, Travel, Non-mandatory Fees.
Why 2nd Payer?
The financial design of the Neodesha Promise Scholarship Program took over 18 months to develop. It was designed to recognize and enhance the existing scholarship programs for NHS graduates. And, it has been designed to provide scholarship awards to graduating seniors for many years into the future. Given the financial resources that have been made available to
fund the Promise Program, a 2nd payer approach produced the most long-lasting result.
What does the logo mean?
We chose the Neodesha Promise logo because it represents the highest aspirations a community can have for its youth. To provide them with the tools and resources to be successful in life. The hand clutching the Bluestreaks means "Your future is in your hands".
What are the eligible universities and/or colleges?
Any college/university or community college in the U.S. that is Pell Grant approved. Click here for Pell-Approved Schools.
Are vocational schools eligible?
Yes, if they are Pell Grant approved.
Are summer school classes covered by the Promise?
Yes, after the first year. If enrolled and is taken at their designated school of choice. A summer school request form must be completed AND approved in order to take summer classes away from the school of choice.
When will scholarship funds be available?
After the drop/add date each semester and we receive the invoice from the school.
Is study abroad covered?